5 FAST FACTS FRIDAY: MEDITATION
Halloween has come and gone. As if the daily stress of life weren't enough, the major holidays are right around the corner, and if you're one of our U.S. readers, Election Day is even closer. With all this added stress in the air, we need a way to calm down, which brings us to this week's 5 fast facts post on meditation.
1) According to a study conducted by UCLA, meditation can actually change the geometric surface of the meditator's brain.
2) Meditating doesn't have to take more than a few minutes. Fact is, there are no set rules, and a few minutes is better than none.
3) Meditation can be traced back since, well... since we can remember. Scriptures from ancient Indian tribes called The Vedas describe meditation techniques dating back 5,000 years.
4) Meditating can improve your creativity.
5) Meditating can help relieve anxiety and stress by loosening your neural pathways.
Well, there you have it. 5 fast facts about meditation to help you get through even the most stressful of moments.