5 FAST FACTS FRIDAY: TENNIS RACQUETS
Friday is here, again. Yay! We are so excited for the weekend, that we can barely stand it, but before the party starts, check out this week's 5 fast facts post on tennis racquets. Some of them are really surprising.
1) The 1st racquets, used for tennis like games, were first used in the 15th century.
2) From the 15th century on to 1965, racquets were made from wood, and they were stringed with cow intestines, which were twisted and stretched to create a high tension, elastic surface.
3) Most racquets are manufactured in Asia. Japan is the main hub of racquet production.
4) The spacing of the strings affects the angle of deflection of the ball.
5) The lower the tension of the strings, the more power the player has when hitting the ball. The higher the tension of the strings, the more control the player has.