5 FAST FACTS FRIDAY: STRESS
Thanksgiving has come and gone, which means one major holiday is passed, but there is no shortage of stress inducing holidays to come with the end of the year. That's why it seemed fitting to write this week's 5 fast facts post about stress.
1) Stress can seriously affect your health, and is even sometimes referred to as the "silent killer." It can cause heart disease, chest pain, high blood pressure, and even an irregular heartbeat.
2) During high stress situations, your pupils will actually dilate. This is just because your body is trying to take in as much information as possible about the stressful situation.
3) Stress can actually cause hair loss, and the hair loss can last for months after the stressful situation has passed.
4) Simple things can reduce your stress including (but of course not limited to) chocolate, meditation, exercise, and laughing.
5) Stress affects your blood sugar levels, causing you to feel fatigued and suffer from mood swings.
Doesn't sound very fun does it? Stay updated with the blog for tips on fighting stress, and in the meantime, try eating some chocolate and working the stress out on the mat. Happy Friday!