5 FAST FACTS FRIDAY: JUICE CLEANSES
Juice cleanses: we've all heard of them, and most of us have probably seen them on Pinterest or being promoted by celebrities. There is controversy over the ever popular practice of detoxing with a juice cleanse, but for the purposes of this post, we'll be posting 5 fast facts, just to share the basics.
1) Juice cleanses consist of a liquid, raw diet, so don't add anything processed.
2) Juice cleanses usually last for 1-6 days, but some have been known to last longer.
3) Some nutritionists say a juice cleanse can literally reset your taste buds, lowering salt, fat, and sugar cravings.
4) There have also been some cases where juice cleanses have substantially decreased addiction to caffeine and alcohol.
5) Juice cleanses can help you lose a few pounds, but most of those pounds can be attributed to water weight and muscle mass.
Before trying any cleanses, we recommend you brush up on the facts a little more. There's plenty of interesting and informative facts here and here if you're interested. In the meantime, happy Friday!