5 FAST FACTS FRIDAY: PILATES
We love Pilates, as you may know from our Mat Pilates blog post from September, and that’s why we’ve picked Pilates for this week’s 5 Fast Facts Friday post!
1) Pilates was invented by Joe Pilates.
2) It was originally called Contrology.
3) Pilates moves are designed to focus on core muscles in the abs, pelvic floor, and lower back.
4) Even though Pilates originally consisted of 34 mat exercises, it can be done with a variety of equipment, including the reformer.
5) Pilates is all about multi-tasking, and by that we mean each move should engage multiple muscle groups at once, giving you a full body workout.