WEEKENDS ON POINT
It’s finally the weekend and that means it’s time to relax! We all get stressed out about one thing or another during the workweek, and it definitely takes a toll on the body. Take a step back from whatever has been weighing on your mind or soul this week and just breathe.
As you start to get up today or tomorrow, pause and take a few moments to reflect on yourself and listen to your body. Maybe you notice your back is strained or maybe you’re still worrying about something that happened last Monday. It’s time for you to let all of that go and refresh your body and spirit.
Here are a couple tips for you to find peace:
1. Find a quiet, comfortable spot inside or outside where you won’t be distracted or interrupted. You need to be entirely focused on yourself; it’s YOUR time. I recommend sitting upright on a yoga mat to engage and pull strength from your core.
2. Close your eyes and begin to reflect on the past week, notice what you did or did not enjoy. You might begin to feel the weight of the week press on your shoulders, let these worries float away from your mind.
3. Focus on your breathing. Put one hand on your stomach and take deep breaths to feel the entirety of your breaths. Your thoughts will slowly start to filter out the negative.
4. As the stress and worries leave your body, pick a mantra to repeat to yourself. A mantra is a word or phrase used to better your life in any way. Choose a positive mantra like “I am more than enough”, “I am strong”, or “I can make it through anything”.
5. Repeat your mantra as many times as you need and then slowly bring your awareness to your surroundings. Your physical body should feel light and reenergized, while your mind and spirit should feel refreshed and peaceful.
Start your days off right and take 5-10 minutes out of you mornings to repeat this process. You will feel ready to conquer the day with a positive mindset.
30Fifteen believe in you!