ON-THE-GO BREAKFASTS FOR THE GIRL (OR GUY) ON-THE-GO!
You've hit the snooze button three times, which means you've left yourself with just enough time to roll out of bed, change clothes, and grab a cup of coffee on your way out the door. Sound familiar? If it does, you're not alone. We have those days too. But rushing out the door without breakfast can leave you feeling fatigued and unfocused, not to mention STARVING, so here's a few on-the-go breakfast recipes for the girl (or guy) on-the-go!
This is one of our favorite on-the-go breakfast options because it is SO versatile. The topping options are literally endless! We personally like to add whatever fruits are in season with some nuts and chia seeds.
1/3 cup of rolled oats
1/3 cup of milk (you can add more or less depending on how thick you like it)
1/3 cup of plain Greek yogurt
fresh strawberries and bananas (sliced)
1) Stir everything together in a tupperware container (or a bowl)
2) Cover and place in your fridge overnight.
3) Remove from fridge and add in your desired toppings.
If the oats are too thick for your liking you can always add a bit of extra milk to thin them out. Remember to be creative with your topping choices - a different fruit for each morning, perhaps? You could also add peanut butter, cereal, or pumpkin spice. When we say the opportunities are virtually endless, we mean it.
Frozen Breakfast Burritos
This recipe takes a bit more prep than the previous one, but trust us, its worth it if you're looking for an on-the-go breakfast that's hot, hearty, and packed full of protein. The best part is, you can cook an entire month's worth of burritos ahead of time, if need be, and just pop them in the freezer until you're ready to eat.The BEST part about breakfast burritos is, like the overnight oats recipe, the sky is the limit when it comes to flavor combinations! Here's the base recipe for making your burritos, but definitely feel free to add and subtract various ingredients until you find a burrito recipe that suits your own flavor preferences!
12 eggs (try using just the egg whites for a healthy twist!)
1/4 cup skim milk
1 onion, diced
2 bell peppers, diced (Add some color. Use one green, and one red)
Whole wheat tortillas
1) In a bowl, whisk together cracked eggs and milk until fully mixed together.
2) Cook the onion, peppers, and chopped up turkey bacon on a medium heat until the bacon is fully cooked, and the vegetables are tender.
3) Add egg mixture to bacon and veggie mixture and cook, scraping the edges and bottom of the pan to prevent eggs from sticking.
4) Spoon the egg mixture into each whole wheat tortilla and sprinkle cheese on top, before wrapping each burrito. (It's easier to wrap tortillas if they are already warmed, which you can do in the microwave, in the oven, or on the stovetop.)
5) Allow burritos to cool, seam side down, then wrap in plastic wrap, place in a freezer safe bag, and freeze.
6) When you're ready to eat, microwave each frozen burrito for about 90 seconds and enjoy!
This recipe SHOULD produce about 10 burritos, but if you add more ingredients, like potato and spinach, it could change the number of burritos you end up with.
Now, that we've shared with you our favorite on-the-go breakfast recipes, there is no excuse to skip the most important meal of the day! So, eat breakfast, live healthy, and don't forget your coffee!
What's your favorite on-the-go breakfast recipe? Let us know in the comments, and we may share it in the future!