5 FAST FACTS FRIDAY: LOVE MONTH HEALTH FACTS
Valentine’s Day might have come and gone, but the amazing health benefits of some of the typical Valentine’s Day staples stick around forever, and they are effective year round. Here are 5 fast facts about some of Team 30Fifteen's favorite Valentine’s Day activities.
1) If you read our 3 Very Good Excuses to Eat More Chocolate post, then you already know that chocolate has many health benefits including being high in nutritious minerals and antioxidants.
2) Red wine has a ton of flavonoids (the same stuff found in the chocolate), originally from grape skins, making it full of antioxidants.
3) The alcohol in red wine has a blood thinning effect that can be effective against stroke and heart disease, as long as you don’t overdo it.
4) Cultivating strong relationships also has health benefits, like lowering stress, protecting against heart disease, and even boosting your number of antibodies.
5) Finally, something as simple as a human touch can lower your blood pressure by providing a sense of safety, connection, and comfort.
Turns out, all of the chocolate, red wine, and amorous activities normally associated with Valentine’s Day have significant health benefits year round, as long as they are used in moderation of course! Pass the wine.