5 FAST FACTS FRIDAY: CAFFEINE
Did you know that caffeine has been linked to better workouts? Caffeine is the most popular drug (yes, drug) in the world and the subject of today’s 5 Fast Facts Friday post:
1) Caffeine can stay in your body for up to 12 hours.
2) It is considered a drug, and if you are a habitual caffeine consumer that cuts out caffeine suddenly, you could experience withdrawals in the form of headaches and irritability.
3) Caffeine molecules closely resemble the neurotransmitter adenosine, which is why it acts like a stimulant.
4) Caffeine can be found in odd places, like chewing gum, bath soaps, and headache medication.
5) Unfortunately, caffeine has also been linked in increased stress levels when it is consumed in large amounts.
Which brings us to today’s #activeApril tip listed at the very start of this post. Caffeine has been linked to better workouts because of the increased energy levels it provides. Luckily the endorphins from your workout counter acts the stress mentioned in our fifth fact. Happy Friday from 30Fifteen!