5 FAST FACTS FRIDAY: SUMMER HEALTH
Since it's officially June, and we're feeling some serious summer time vibes, we've decided to make today's 5 Fast Facts Friday post about summer health!
1) You might be wondering what SPF to look for when you're buying sunscreen. According to the experts, anything more than SPF 45 has little added UV Protection. Instead of purchasing SPF 100, go for SPF 45, and be sure to apply often.
2) Staying hydrated is super important during the summer months. One great way to do that: eat foods with high water content like oranges and watermelon. They will help you stay hydrated.
3) Mosquitoes are attracted to sweet smelling skin, but a little tea tree oil can help keep them away.
4) Vitamin D, which your body produces when you spend time in the sun, strengthens your immune system and plays a role in metabolism, bone strength, and emotional health.
5) You don't necessarily have to drink 8 glasses of water a day. It could be more, could be less depending on temperature, level of physical activity, and even if you're sick. To learn more, you can visit our post about drinking enough water.
Who's ready for summer BBQ's and days at the beach? Happy June!