5 FAST FACTS FRIDAY: KALE HEALTH BENEFITS
Some people love kale. Some people hate it. Some people have never even tried it. Whatever your relationship with kale – good or bad – it’s many health benefits stay the same. Kale is a favorite of ours! Here are 5 fast facts about the health benefits of kale:
1) Kale is very high in iron, which is essential for transporting oxygen throughout the body. Per calorie, kale has more iron than beef!
2) It’s chock full of antioxidants, which help protect against cancer.
3) Filled with omega-3 fatty acids, kale has anti-inflammatory properties that can help fight arthritis, asthma, and autoimmune disorders.
4) Per calorie, kale has a higher content of calcium than milk does, preventing bone loss and maintaining a healthy metabolism.
5) Fiber and sulfur are both important for keeping the body free of toxins and protecting your liver. Kale is high in both fiber and sulfur.
Kale is great in salads, baked into chips, cooked in soup, and even blended into your favorite smoothie! Happy Friday!