5 FAST FACTS FRIDAY: VITAMIN D
We love the summer sun and all its health benefits – not to mention our glowing tans. A few days ago, we shared with you 5 Tips for Staying Healthy This Summer, and we mentioned briefly the benefits of Vitamin D. Today, we’re digging a little deeper and sharing with you 5 fast facts about Vitamin D.
1) Vitamin D is vital for bone health, but it also aids in heart, brain, and immune health.
2) Vitamin D has been known to reduce your risk of depression – naturally.
3) Getting enough Vitamin D can help reduce your risk for dementia and Alzheimer’s later in life.
4) You can get all of the Vitamin D you need from the sun and your diet, but most people don’t.
5) Because of a fear of skin cancer, many people avoid any sun exposure, leading to lowered Vitamin D deficiency. To counteract this, consider getting your sun exposure in the morning or evening, when the sun’s rays aren’t as direct.
They also make Vitamin D supplements, if added sun exposure isn’t an option, but we definitely recommend talking to your doctor first. Happy Friday!